The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Agyekumwaa

My middle name is Agyekumwaa, "one so feared in life shall also be feared in death." Apparently, I am supposed to be a badass. My parents named me, so I guess they know I'm supposed to be a badass. It is tattoed on my back, so at one time I knew I was supposed to be a badass. So why don't I feel like one now? Where has my badass spirit gone? This morning on the metro I had a thought. "If all of these people know I'm a B.I.T (Badass in training) how come I feel so forlorn?" I was talking to SW last night and was telling her how I don't feel like a real lawyer even though I went to law school, got the JD and passed the bar. [BTW, shout out to SW- you are a rock star! You finished the paper and you will get through this time. I know you will.] Okay, back to our regularly scheduled program. So then I thought, maybe becoming a badass is a kind of fake-it-till-ya-make-it type of deal. So I guess I'm going to have to start faking it. I have to know that I am a badass and I will get a job soon. I have to know that I will pay down this damn credit card debt that is like a cement block around my feet. I have to know that I will lose these 80 pounds that must go (yes, 80 pounds, that is like a 10 year old child!). So I guess my intensive badass bootcamp starts today. My parents wouldn't have given me a name if I wasn't supposed to live up to it.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger mookieam131 said…

    This is the best plan I've heard you devise in ages!

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Sharon said…

    I feel kinda sad that my middle name is Maria... Ohhh I am gunna kick ass like a... maria.. hehe

    You are a Diva Bad Ass!! And girl, you know you gotta fake it till you make it! I do it all the time!

    Besides, all your friends have confidence in you, so who gives a shit what anyone else thinks?

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah I made it...but only with the help of God and you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home