The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Jill Scott Knows What She's Talking About

I - don't want to -
Go to work today -
I 'd rather - Stay home - And play - video games- I wanna chill
But I gotta get upI gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta gotta get up (repeat 1x)
Get up
I don't want to go to work today I'd rather stay home and play video games
I'd rather chill for real
I don't know how you feel
But sometimes I feel like I'm
Workin' for nuthin' tryin' to get sumthin'
Every where I turn there's a bill standing out
Swim the river climb the hill
Complacency you ain't gone get me no no no no

That is why it is 8:53 and I am sitting with my fro in a towel trying to figure out what I'm going to wear today. Jill Scott will definitely be in heavy rotation on the iPod today. C'mon weekend!! BTW, I'm going to be watching My Life on the D List tonight. Both Mookie and Glib Gurl are raving about it. I must see what all the hype is about.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger mookieam131 said…

    Another convert to the world of Kathy G! Seriously, you're going to get sucked right in and love it. I mean, the phrase "main gays" - how can the show not be a hoot?

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Glib Gurl said…

    Oh my gosh - I was *just* listening to that song THIS morning because, well, I didn't want to go to work today.

    What did you think of Kathy G?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home