The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Three Snaps in a Z formation

When I was 3 years old my parents and I lived in a little apartment. There were two men who lived upstairs from us. I don't know if I realized that they were a couple or not, but I think that is where I get my soft spot for gay men. Gay men are fabulous. You can sleep in their beds and not worry about getting felt up, they tell you when you match and when you don't and they can be just as catty as women so when you call one and tell them a story, they will make you feel better by saying something your girls would say, but with some added panache. "That bitch is not as fierce as you are so don't even worry about it boo." My mom used to joke that I could walk into a room, find the one gay man there and make a friend. What can I say, I like fabulous.

Today in my exploits I saw the most fabulous gay man. Here in DC you see fire everywhere and sometimes someone is so hot your eyebrows get singed, but those are the extra folks. The ones with the bad weaves and the razor bumps under caked on foundation. NOT FABULOUS. The man I saw today was class. Pink shirt and matching tie, great Italian leather shoes and nice pants. Hands manicured and hair cut looking like he just got his edges lined up, just fabulous. He kind of looked like the African guy in Barbershop (I love that man, he just looks so happy all the time). What I most liked about the man I saw today was that he handled his business. He was a customer service rep for Delta and he was very professional and nice. I was very impressed because the man behind me was all riled up. Apparently he missed his flight because he wasn't paying attention when his flight was called...but he was sitting right in front of the gate (so he claimed). DUMBASS, but that is for another post. He was getting all heated and had the nerve to curse at the Delta man!! Oh I was ready, I was waiting for the Delta man to shoot fire out of his eyes and bring the gay man smack down on him. I wanted neck-rolling and finger snapping and cutting of eyes. He even handled the rude angry man with class. He basically said that the man should calm down because he was doing everything in his power to help and anger wasn't going to solve anything. CLASSY! It was wonderful. I definitely have to give him the famous 3 snaps in a Z formation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home