The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Blackberries are of the devil!


Before I start my rant, I would just like to say that it is Restaurant Week in DC and anyone who lives here should check it out! All of the swanky restaurants bring down their prices and you can feast for a few dollars.

Rant Begins Now

I love Restaurant Week. I revel in it, I cherish it and today my happy lunch was ruined by a blackberry. ST and I went to a restaurant to have a nice lunch and enjoy the day. The blackberry ruined it all. You would have thought that the man at the table next to us was a) the President of the United States (it wasn't I looked), b) the lawyer for the Bush twins (he might have been), c) the lawyer for the Enron crooks, or d)just another annoying older, lawyer (he definitely was). Don't get me wrong, I realize that people have to be connected, I have gone to meals with friends who are tethered by the crackberries, but they do what they have to do, check it once in the middle of dinner and put it away. In the course of our lunch this man's blackberry must have gone off about 15 times and even though he was at lunch with other people he answered. My mom taught me that this was rude, then again I'm realizing everyone didn't have the home training that my mom beat..uh, I mean instilled in me. Now, even if he is that important, does the whole restaurant need to know that people are looking for him? PUT THAT SHIT ON VIBRATE! Now that D.C. is banning smoking in restaurants I think that they should have a blackberry section. All of the people who can't sit down and have a meal without being attached to the blackberry can sit in that section. Maybe they might realize how fucking annoying they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home