The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Happy New Year!


Back from the happy land of FL and it was fantastic. The Sensation and I spent a happy 6 days with my fam. It was great! We had a full house with me, my parents and sister, my cousin and the Sensation. I slept a lot, ate a lot and had a good time. Santa was very good to me and I am most excited about my presents. Everyone liked what I got them too so a good time was had by all. The Sensation's mom and sister also came up from Ft. Lauderdale on their way to New Orleans and so the two families met. We both think it went well. I realized when I got back that I really didn't do a lot while I was home. I spent some time with SD and DS which was FABULOUS and really, that was all that I needed. They are really the only two people that I must see, other than my parents, every time I go home. My sister lucked out and got a car for Christmas. Yes, she got a car, a 2006 Toyota Corrolla. It is gorgeous but it is stick shift. She can't drive a stick shift so we went out driving with her. Her fortune is my fortune because I get my dad's old car (he also got a new car for Christmas, a 2006 Lexus GS- very sporty and fun), another old Benz. It has less mileage than my current car and it looks better too. My parents are going to fix all of the small things that are wrong with it and I'll probably go down with the Sensation and drive it up in March. The Sensation surprised me and got me TiVo for Christmas. Love him. Oh yes, you are probably wondering why the pic of the little shorn sheep? Well, I got my afro cut while I was home. Yes ladies and gents, it is gone. I now have a bit more hair than my mom. I'm getting used to focusing on my face and not my hair now. I'm also thinking that bigger earrings and lipstick/gloss will have to be employed so people know I'm a girl. I'm also going to get it faded in the back this weekend. The barber who cut it kind of left a little shag in the back. Think Theo from the early Cosby Show years. NOT CUTE! I think after that minor adjustment I will be happy with it. Anyway folks, have a very safe and happy New Year's!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy new year! Love that you compared the shorn sheep to the cutting of your own hair! Hilarious. I like that you found a picture of that. And I like that you stuck with the sheep theme.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home