The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Ouch

As part of my campaign to get my life together this year, I am making myself work out more. I figure if I'm paying off my credit cards, taking the FL bar, and have cut my hair in order to get myself a real job, I should also get myself in shape physically as well. We live in a world where people judge us at first glance and I have seen too many Dateline and 20/20 specials about how overweight people are treated when they are looking for jobs. I have paid too much for my education to get turned down for a job because of my weight. If my grades aren't right or I don't have enough experience, I can accept that, BUT to be turned down for a job because I'm heavy? I refuse to let that happen. I also think that working out will help me to get my mind right for all of this studying I'm supposed to be doing. Plus, I finally want to wear my favorite pair of khaki pants that have been in the back of my closet for four years.

This week I told myself that I would work out every morning before work. Monday and Tuesday I did Tae Bo, Wednesday I did Power yoga and this morning I did Step Aerobics. Can I just say OUCH! My body is very mad at me. I have spiraled downwards since my days of dance and track and I am ashamed at how out of shape I am. The Sensation claims that my pain will go away soon and that he supports my workout efforts 100% but it took all of my strength to drag my aching bones out of bed this morning and set up the step. Even though it sucks, I am determined to keep this up. It takes 21 days to create a habit and I have to keep going. I have promised myself I am going to lose weight so many times and I have always been on plan for a couple of weeks and then fallen off. I have to stop these fits and starts. I guess I'll do the same thing I did with Discover. Just keep putting in a little work at a time and in time the aches will go away and so will the weight. In the meantime, does anyone know where I can get a good massage?

1 Comments:

  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger Glib Gurl said…

    Go, girl! This post has totally inspired me to post something on my blog . . . be on the lookout. In the meantime, I know of a few decent massage places - give me a shout and I'll give you referrals :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home