The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

A Very Rude Awakening

So we had a very nice time and L&J's housewarming get-together and I woke up this morning feeling very content. The Sensation and I lounged around talking about what kind of wedding we would want and who would be there etc. (okay, we aren't get married any time soon, this was just talk) I get up to get myself ready to leave and he asks, "have you gained weight?" I was flabbergasted. I mean, to his defense, he didn't say it in a hurtful way, more of an inquiry and I think when he saw the look on my face and realized what he said he was immediately apologetic but damn y'all. If the man is discussing wedding plans with me it is obvious he loves me but DAMN Y'ALL!! I'm not sure if I can talk to the Sensation today, my feelings have been a bit hurt and while I know he didn't mean to hurt me on purpose, it doesn't change the fact that they are. I think I need some "me" time today.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey, my fiance yelled at me last night for NOT going out drinking? so life can't be that bad.

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Sharon said…

    I bet he learned a lesson that he won't forget very soon.... sucks though. Men should NEVER ask ANYTHING about weight AT ALL!!!

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger mookieam131 said…

    Even if he thought it, it is just that territory in life that should never be discussed. I wouldn't take it too much to heart, as I saw you this weekend and you looked like regular Nana to me. However, I know my feelings would be hurt too. Just take your "you" time and work it out in your own head, that is the only remedy. Sorry girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home