The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Rant

Why? Why? Why? I don't understand. We have done everything right. They said go to college. We went. They said go to grad school. We went. We struggled, cried and raved through grad school. We studied, lost hair and finally on that fateful day graduated. We then took the bar exam or whatever other professional exam we were required to take. Some of us repeated this experience more than once. Now, why is it that those of us who actually landed jobs hate them and the rest of us are scrambling for the shitty jobs?

Now you might be wondering what brought on this rant. I have been applying like a madwoman for jobs. I found one that looked decent. They called me for an interview but I wasn't home, so they left a message. Of course, I'm psyched because I'm trying to get out of the pit of hell that I work in now. I call back, leave a message that I'm interested and proceed to do some research on the firm. In the process of my research I find that the man who is supposed to interview me has ties to terrorists. I proceed to do more research and find that the only references to the firm involve more references to terrorists. The sad thing is that I actually considered it for a split second. *Sigh* Back to the drawing board.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe you can get in and bring them down from the inside :)

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Glib Gurl said…

    Aw, man - that sucks about the potential employer. As for your earlier sentiments, I couldn't agree more. It's like it's some big 20 year long joke that was played on those of us who were good little soldiers and suffered through all of those years of school and accumulated thousands of dollars of debt. The only thing that keeps me sane is remembering that we'd probably be feeling the same if we were checkers at the grocery store or barristas at Starbucks. We're all just working stiffs - we just happen to get paid more for our boredom.

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger mookieam131 said…

    Terrorists? This definitely is on the list of crazy job options - along with the stutterer (not his fault, but still) and Mr. I don't use computers. Why can't we find a normal job that facilitates paying all of our bills? I'm with you on the whole rant.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home