The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

All Tuckered Out



There is semi-permanent outline of my body in my couch today. I am all tuckered out. This past week was exhausting and my body is still recuperating. Last weekend I went to NYC to celebrate SW's birthday. SW had a good time, I had a good time and we celebrated hard. I then got on the train (I took the train up and back and it was great!!) and came back home to work on my big case. I argued my first big nursing home discharge case this past week. I have been working on this case for the past couple of months and I've put blood, sweat and tears into it. I came back early on Sunday to put the finishing touches on it. The case went down on Wednesday and I argued like I had never argued before. I think I did a good job, but I couldn't stop to dwell on it because after my 5 hour hearing, I had to drive 4 hours to get to a conference. I conferenced until Friday and then drove back home in the pouring rain. I tried to make it back for SM's birthday dinner but I got back too late. I really didn't expect to set up camp on my couch this weekend. I had all kinds of plans and aspirations, but my body had other plans. I have gone from my bed to my couch and back again. I think I've gotten more sleep this weekend than I've gotten during the past two weeks. Let's hope the rest and relaxation help get me through the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home