The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Weekend



So, this weekend started off with me at a conference at 8:45 in the morning after going to a Weight Watchers meeting that didn't really go very well. Was I salty? Yes, but the day got better. I came home after leaving the conference, buying some new running shoes, getting a smoothie, and finding some lunch. I was excited because I had a couple of hours until a night on the town with some of my sistafriends. I decided to pull out the grown and sexy and did the hot eye shadow (the Loreal High Pigment eye shadows are THE BOMB). I've realized that no matter how crusty I feel, a nice eyeshadow makes me feel better. It was nice to see some friends who I haven't seen for a while and we had fabulous food and conversation. Then, we headed to the movie. Everyone should go and see Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married. When I heard it was coming out I got excited because it wasn't the regular Tyler-dressed-in-drag-as-Medea movie. Plus it was about black people who were married? When do you see that in a movie? I mean real marriage, not just the Huxtables (don't get me wrong, I loved the Cosby show but that was NOT a realistic view of marriage.) Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and I will probably go and see it again with The Sensation and then buy it when it comes out on DVD.

Sunday morning started quite nicely. The Sensation and I slept in and got up in time for lunch. We had a nice lunch and then he went to work and I went to the gym to try out my new running shoes. I loved them! I was actually compelled to run a bit instead of just walk. I am a big fan of them! Back to the grind tomorrow, but only a couple more days until the annual SW birthday bash in NYC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home