The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Monday, October 08, 2007

Shaking It Off



This weekend I have been funky and foul. Friday I was exhausted and disillusioned and came home and fought with The Sensation over something ridiculous. Saturday, I woke up feeling icky so I stayed in my bed all day long. I got up to eat and to go to the bathroom. Was it necessary for me to take to my bed? No, it was a bit extra, but it gave me time to think. Somewhere between Saturday at midnight and Sunday at 2 am, I decided I needed to shake it off. In the words of Ghandi, I needed to be the change I wanted to see in the world, and if not the world, then at least in my life. In order to do that I had to get it together.

Sunday, I felt like a changed bee. I got up, hit the gym, went to brunch with my old boss, discussed my resume and how I could update it to start to see what the job market has to offer, counted points like a champ, and finally changed my calendar from September to October. I then realized that I had missed a friend's birthday. I was too ashamed to call (most of you know that I'm the queen of the cards so missing an event is akin to an earthquake in my world) so I went and got a card from Target and it is currently sitting on the shelf by my door ready for mailing. This morning I decided that I can't figuratively clean my house if I don't literally clean my house so I've started to clean. I've tackled the bathroom and the kitchen so far and I've got a ton more to do. I've mopped and scrubbed and started to do the laundry, but as we all know it has to get worse before it gets better. I still have more to do and I will be tired by the end of the day, but that is okay because I am shaking it off.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Coolbabe said…

    loved your blog... it seems like a lot of fun... hope to be a regular reader

     

Post a Comment

<< Home