The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Sephora is of the Devil



So today I went to Sephora for some blotting papers. Things went awry from the moment I stepped inside. I got my blotting papers and was headed to the check out when the Carol's Daughter display caught my eye. I have heard all the hype so I stopped to browse. I grabbed some leave in conditioner and was headed back to the check out when I decided I would check out the mineral foundation. I have heard people raving about it and thought I would see what the chatter was about. It was then that things took a turn for the worst. I found a colorist and she sat me in the chair and put on the makeup. It looked kind of ashy on me and she told me that because I didn't have any major skin breakouts, the mineral stuff wouldn't really do anything for me. I decided against the foundation but she broke out this HOT bronzer that looks good under powder. While she was talking about the bronzer, I figured I should ask about how to do a smokey eye. SW knows how to to do the smokey eye and I want to be up with the trends so I asked Lavonda, my fabulous colorist for the day. We talked about my oily eyelids and the way that I can combat them. She did a great smokey "day" eye and told me how to tailor the look for a night out. She also broke out this shiny lipgloss. By the end of the session I looked FINE. I mean SEXPOT fine. Of course, I wanted to recreate the sexpot look on my own and that is how I got caught up. I spent way too much money and when they told me the total I made sure to put one thing back so I could sleep tonight, but I haven't spent money on makeup for a while and I will look so sassified this fall!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Glib Gurl said…

    Sephora is a dangerous place. Just yesterday I had to stop myself from click, click, clicking away and ordering tons of stuff that I don't need (but what oh so bad) from their website! Do they have the Carol's Daugher lip glosses yet???

     
  • At 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what brand of blotting papers do you use? what bronzer was it? i am in need of both!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home