The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Old People on Bikes

It is funny how communities are built. I go to spinning class on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and my spinning class is definitely a community. Every community has one or two resident old folks and my spin class is no different. We have two older folks in our class who absolutely make my day. The first one is Ms. E. She is a feisty older woman of color who will quote Scripture in a heart beat and brings stuffed animals and attaches them to her bike for motivation. I LOVE her. My day isn't complete if I don't hear her tell me to "have a blessed day" when I leave class. The second person is Mr. P. He is an older Asian man who has got to be at least 75. He doesn't say much but goes through the whole class with this air of calm that I find impressive. Everyone is breathing hard and about to die, but Mr. P is just pedaling along like he is taking a leisurely afternoon ride. He is my motivation. If he can make it through back to back jump songs and sprints and then do a seated climb and not pass out there is no excuse for me to pass out. I mean really, he has at least 40 years on me! Oh well, off to work.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Glib Gurl said…

    Whoa - spin class? Look at you! How long have you been doing it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home