The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Chick Lit

Okay, I'm not sure if I'm just getting older or what, but I've decided that I can't stand chick lit. I read The Shopoholic by Sophie Kinsella back when I was in college or early law school and I thought it was decent. I've read more of her books and I'm starting to think that she is a vapid twit and so are most of her characters. I'm listening to The Undomestic Goddess right now and I am definitely taking it back to the library tonight. It will get me by for the day but I can't take it for much more. In two words, it sucks.

Later: I couldn't take it. I found an Al Franken book on my iPod and swiftly put The Undomestic Goddess back in my bag to be delivered back to the library as soon as I get home. This is one of the few times that I have ever hated a book so much to stop reading.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger mookieam131 said…

    I too hate chick-lit and love it when other smart ladies decide it is drivel as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home