The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

My weekend

I was quite riled after my last post so I decided that I was going to try and have a good weekend. Yesterday, I got up, picked up SM and went to the gym and to brunch and Lebanese Taverna. It was a much needed and wonderful morning. I worked out, ate good (and healthy) food and hung out with a good friend. I then went home and showered, kissed The Sensation and headed back out. I stopped to get my brows done (gotta have nice brows for the new year)I had a fabulous time with Glib Girl and NW. We had really good Thai food and then went to see Dream Girls. SUCH A GOOD MOVIE! Afterwards, we had dessert and conversation at this cute little cafe and called it a night. This morning The Sensation and I got up and cleaned the whole apartment. When I say cleaned I mean we cleaned our apartment from top to bottom. I am a firm believer in getting one's house in order before the new year so you can set the tone for the year. My house is now clean and smells good. We went grocery shopping yesterday and The Sensation cut my hair for me this morning. After the cleaning extravaganzaa I picked up SM and we had another fun day. We made some returns, went shopping (she went shopping, not me, I'm trying to be better about spending in the new year) and got a pedicure. A good time was had by all. I'm not doing anything spectacular for New Year's Eve. In years past I've broken my neck figuring out my plans. The Sensation has to work this year so I won't get my New Year's kiss until he gets home, but that's okay. My house is clean, my hair is cut, my toes are pretty and after I put in the last load of laundry I'll have clean clothes. I'm going to sit down and watch my Desperate Housewives DVDs, drink some mulled wine and call it a night. Sometimes it is just good to be still.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home