The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Crazy Oven

Okay, so lately I've been doing a lot of baking, cooking and cleaning. Everyone is telling me that I'm nesting, which is true but I'm also just so psyched about having so much space to cook in that I feel like I should be cooking all of the time. My only issue is my oven. It is CRAZY! Now don't get me wrong, I like the fact that all of my appliances are new, but for some reason my oven is cooking everything way too fast. For three weeks in a row I have tried to make pumpkin bread. I always end up with bread that is burned on the outside, half-raw on the inside and a house that smells like charred pumpkins. I've tried adjusting the temperature down, moving the bread pans around, checking the bread every 5 minutes and a combination of these three things. I am currently sitting in a freezing cold apartment because I have all of my windows open to combat the smell. I'm not sure what I should be doing to fix the oven but in 2 weeks I'm going to have to cook a turkey and I don't want to ruin it. What is a girl to do?

Update: I love the internet. I figured out how to recalibrate my oven's thermostat. Maybe that will work. I'll have to try baking again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home