The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Palm Treez and Alligators

I have reached my limit with the madness at work. If I had any other prospects I would have told these people to go fuck themselves by now. As I don't have any other prospects, I am still here taking the abuse and madness of stupid people who have somehow come into a tad bit of power. My fear is no longer of getting fired, my fear is now that someone will say something to me that is utterly ridiculous and I will react like a crazy woman. It will be like an episode of "When Keepin' It Real Goes Wrong." I am tired of the madness. My bar buddy EF has been trying to calm me down with a calming mantra, "Palm Treez and Alligators." He will email me this in the middle of the day because by that time he is sure that the idiots that I work with have done something to me that has riled me up. I have been hedging about taking the bar. I am now sure that I have to get out of this Hell. People have asked me why I feel like I need to move away in order the escape. The truth of the matter is that I have been stuck in contract attorney hell. In DC, it seems as though once you are a contract attorney (because you don't want to be homeless or have to live off of the state) you are pigeon-holed. Well, this pigeon is sick of the shit and ready to fly south. I know that there are people in Florida who are willing to hire me and appreciate that I went to a top tier law school. Are the next couple of months going to suck? Yes. Am I going to miss everyone who I know and love up here? Yes. Am I willing to leave to pull myself out of the 9th ring of Hell? HELL YES. Until then, I will repeat "Palm Treez and Alligators" the way Tina was chanting in What's Love Got to Do With It.


This rant has been brought to you by the letter N.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home