The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Payday

So it is Friday and it is payday and I should be dancing on the tables. Instead, I am still at my desk at work. Payday no longer holds the happiness that it once did for me. I can rememer the days when payday meant I could gas up the car, meet my girls at the club and buy all of the shoes a woman could want. Now payday means rent, loan payment, mastercard and discover payment and grocery shopping and since gas prices are like crack prices, I can put 20 dollars worth of gas in my gas guzzler and put the rest on my metro card. Being a grownup is rough. Then again, payday also means getting out of credit card debt, paying off the student loans, not being homeless and more frequent trips to go and see the family. Maybe being a grownup isn't too bad. Oh well, at least it is the weekend and I'm going to happy hour in a little bit. Bonsoir!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home