The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Aruba


So I'm thinking this is what Aruba looks like. That is where my friends Lauren and Jeremy went for their honeymoon. First of all, Lauren and Jeremy's wedding was just like they are. Very nice, very sweet and gave off a good aura. I danced in a circle, saw people lift the new husband and wife up in chairs and was charmed by a very nice man named Lonnie who danced with Amber and I at the same time and showed us a very good time. My first Jewish wedding was a success. To the happy couple I say Mazeltov! I went to work on Monday very hungover but with tons of good ideas for my wedding- definitely some attendants and an ice scupture. Of course, all hell broke lose when I got to work. All of the warm and fuzzy feelings from the weekend went away quick, fast and in a hurry. The man is trying to break me, but I will not be broken. They have no clue that I am the child of my mom and dad. My mom is part Tina Turner, part Xena Warrior Princess and part African Queen. My dad is a son of a farmer (not to be confused with the Son of A Preacherman. He works hard, angers slowly and has no patience for injustice or bullshit. I'm not sure what parts I have inherited from whom, but I am mad as hell and I'm definitely going to have to pull a Bob Marley and stand up for my rights! On an up note, I got my new Harry Potter in the mail on Saturday! LOVE IT! It is me and all of the 12 year olds reading it on the metro. I think that I will take solice in the fact that I have Harry Potter, a fabulous couch, a wonderful boyfriend and friends who love me and support me enough to listen to me bitch and moan about my work drama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home