The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me!

Yesterday was my bday and it was very low key. I got lots of birthday calls and cards and a big birthday box from SD and DS. The Sensation sent me flowers at work which were very nice and he took me to dinner last night. A good birthday was had by me. The capper of the week would be if I got a job, so far things are going well so keep your fingers and toes crossed.

I am now moving on to how much I HATE the youth of today. I guess because I've had a birthday, I'm feeling my age. I have realized that I don't like them at all. Babies and toddlers are cute when they aren't screaming. I think my rankled ire (SM, you liked that didn't you?) is directed at teenagers and college students. Mind you, I don't hate all of them, just the ones I usually run into at the mall and on the metro. Usually, you can spot them because they are dressed way too trendy to be going to work and they usually get off the metro at Pentagon City or Foggy Bottom and insert the word "like"after every word. I'm over them. I think we should send them to a developing country for 6 months. It is hard to form the word "like" when you are too hungry to stand up. It is my birthday week, I can be politically incorrect.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday again! I am glad you had such a fab day! And about the screaming children - they need to sit down, be quiet, and not touch anything. I don't know why people take those creatures on the metro to be stuck in a train with the rest of us.

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Glib Gurl said…

    Happy Birthday!!!! May this year be more fabulous than ever!

    *smooch*

    P.S. - I hate the college kids, too. I always catch them going to clubs and bars . . . . Don't they have studying to do?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home