The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Fed Up


I'm feeling a bit fed up for a couple of reasons:

1. Homeless people- when I first move to DC I felt bad for them, now I could care less. I don't even feel bad that I don't care. I am repeatedly asked for money on my way to work. "No, I don't have a dollar, I do have $150K worth of debt. Can I have a dollar?" Also, when I have given people a dollar I sometimes get "is that all you have" or "that's a nice car, can I get a bigger bill?" WHAT? Yeah, that is why I have started to get stank with the homeless people. I'm done giving people money.

2. My job. I rant about it all the time. I'm not sure if I have the energy to rant about it today. I'm tired, I'm not using my education and I'm bored. I now understand why smart kids act out in classes that aren't challenging to them. I have contemplated throwing a bottle of water at woman who sits next to me for the past two hours. I keep hearing that I'm doing all of the right things and something will come up soon and I only need one job but day after day I come to this place I hate because I have yet to find a job and I need to pay my rent. The Pollyana "everything is going to be okay" thoughts aren't sustaining me anymore. I'm not sure what to do.

3. Tourists. They are almost as bad as the homeless. I tried to help some very lost elderlies yesterday and they shot me a dirty look. Fine, wander into Southeast and get shot, I don't give a damn!

Happy Easter everyone, perhaps next week will be better.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Glib Gurl said…

    Aww, sorry your fed up, sweetie. I hear ya on numbers 1 and 3 especially . . . although I do feel a *ting* of shame when I don't give out money . . . unless it's obvious that they're just going to take that money and find Boo-Boo around the corner and get a fix.

    Happy Easter!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home