The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Complaints


I just got an email from my fabulous friend RP. Every so often he will send me a devotional. Now I consider myself Christian and I believe that there is a God, but my attendence at church is spotty and best and I'm not the one to quote scripture and verse to people. RP's devotional really hit home with me today. It basically says that you need to be able to praise God while you are going through your tough times. One line that resonates with me is, "Do you realize your complaining does not force God to respond any faster?" Wow. That is the truth. With all of my complaints and moaning and kvetching, things will happen in their own time. I hate my job, but it surely does pay bills and allows me to live a lifestyle which I enjoy. The job also came at a time when I was about to have to move home because I had a negative amount in my bank account. Until the time when I get a new job that hopefully will make me happy, I will have to realize that I am blessed and highly favored and stop complaining about my situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home