The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happiness v. Cash



Today I've really been thinking about my job and how I just don't get paid enough. Don't get me wrong, I really love my job and I finally feel like a "real" attorney working on cases and helping my seniors, but the pay really sucks. I know that money isn't everything and I'm getting LRAP so my loans are getting paid, but I'm not sure how long I can live on the salary that I am making. At some point I want to buy a house and have some kids and not have to scrimp and save and worry from paycheck to paycheck. A lot of this was brought on by the fact that I had to buy tires today. In years past that wouldn't have been a big deal, but today I actually had to figure out if I could afford the two tires I needed or if I should just get one and then pray over the other one. I realized today that I am barely making it and but for my cohabitation with The Sensation, I would be struggling to make ends meet.
I don't understand how I could get paid so much clicking on documents, but when I'm trying to make sure that the seniors don't get mistreated I'm counting pennies?? My boss gave me my 6-month review on Thursday and she said that I'm doing well, which makes me feel great...but good feelings aren't going to keep me in tires, food and shelter. I need to come up with a plan for survival...more on this later.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Glib Gurl said…

    I hear ya, hon. It's hard to think about being able to plan for the future when you're just barely making it in the present. But, the 6 month review is a good sign -- there may be a raise in your future at the end of your first year!

    Hang in there, chica

     

Post a Comment

<< Home