The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Chocolate



Every year I give up something for Lent. No, I'm not Catholic, but I think that it is good to go without something you truly love for 40 days. It is a character builder and sometimes can help break a bad habit. This year I chose chocolate. It has been a hard road and it hasn't even been a week. It seems like now that I have given it up, I am surrounded by chocolate. At our bi-weekly meeting someone brought in some high end dark chocolate and my boss has started keeping Dove bites in her desk just in case we need a chocolate fix. It is going to be a rough forty days, but come Easter I'm hoping I will no longer crave chocolate the way I do now. Either that or I'm going to go ballistic and eat every Cadbury Egg and chocolate bunny I can get my hands on. Let's hope it is the former and not the latter.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:22 PM, Blogger Glib Gurl said…

    Word! I gave up junkfood -- namely cookies, cakes, donuts, candy, and chips. Little did I know that Lent happened to coincide with Girl Scout cookie season!!! Still hanging in there, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home