The Ramblings of Nana

The rambling, raving and ranting of me. Who am I? I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend, a rolldog, a revolutionary, a peacemaker, a new attorney, an overachiever, a slacker and a lover of shoes. I am all of these things and more. I guess you could say that the blog is just about all of my experiences in life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Summertime and the livin' is...easy?

There is nothing like a hot DC day to make a girl feel like she's all that and a bag of chips (cool ranch doritos- cool yet spicy). Yes, I'm at work but some things cannot wait. So I'm walking to the post office and it is HOT- like the 4th ring of hell- but somehow not one, but two men in the trucks decided that they needed to roll down the windows and try to get my attention. I mean, when I'm in my car I like to keep the cold air INSIDE on a hot day. Don't get me wrong, I was flattered. Maybe I was working my pink shirt, black pants, sensible shoes and diva sunglasses. Maybe that sweat glistening on my forehead made me look like I was glowing. I don't know, but I just have one question for the fellas. Why do you think that will make us stop? It is hot, I'm trying to get to the post office, but your holler out the window is supposed to make me stop, come to my senses and jump in your truck? PUH-LEASE. I'm trying to get to some air conditioning! Now the man in the moving truck was kind of cute, too bad for him I have the Sensation who treats me like the princess that I am (yes, I said princess- I'm sure if I investigate I can find some royalty in the family tree). Okay, back to work. Rent doesn't pay itself, but I just had to rant for a bit.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger mookieam131 said…

    Two thoughts about you being ogled on the street. 1. It is flattering, and can make you feel like a hot-mama. 2. I can beat you on the guys-following-in-cars scale because of the insta-stalker who not only followed me with the window down talking for several blocks like I was gonna stop and meet him, but also pulled over and waited on me. WEIRD. Bottom line of it all - boys are idiots and that doesn't change when they are adults.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home